Presenting ‘Co-Mission: An Artist Relief Compilation, Vol. 2’
(Art by Haley Potter)
Co-Mission is a project started by Folkadelphia during the COVID-19 pandemic to help get money in the hands of in-need artists and musicians during a time of financial, professional, and personal instability and uncertainty.
We have been very fortunate to raise a significant amount of money from Co-Mission: An Artist Relief Compilation, Vol. 1 to continue the project. W’re excited to now share Co-Mission: An Artist Relief Compilation, Vol. 2, the second wave of commissioned and donated recordings from artists affected by the pandemic, now available on Bandcamp.
Today on release day, Fri. 6/5, Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue sharing fees, which means that the money you spend counts even more. We will also be donating 50% of all money we raise today, from the Co-Mission compilations or any Folkadelphia release, to Philadelphia Bail Fund, who are doing critical and important work in our community.
We hope you listen, download, and learn more about each artist and how you can help them out, as well as spending your money to support the organizations and groups in your community that are engaging in anti-racism work.
- 1. Brittain Ashford – “In the Sway”
- 2. Sinkane – “Favorite Song (Acoustic Version)”
- 3. Squirrel Flower – “Shut In (Strand of Oaks cover)”
- 4. Janice Jo Lee – “Still of the Lake”
- 5. Driftwood Soldier – “Strange Time to Be Alive”
- 6. Louisa Branscomb – “We’re All Just Walking Each Other Home”
- 7. Jacob Augustine – “White Hearse”
- 8. Twain – “Tulane U.”
- 9. Erika Lewis – “In the Time of the Roses”
- 10. Sadie Dupuis – “My Pretty Poet”
- 11. Kath Bloom with David Shapiro – “Young Again”
- 12. Adam Lytle – “The Fatal Share”
- 13. Jolie Holland – “B Bottom Girl (Michael Hurley cover)
- 14. Kevin Killen – “Get What’s Gone Back”
- 15. Sarah La Puerta – “Absent from flesh! O Blissful Thought!”